1. Oktoberfest is actually the wedding anniversary celebration of King Ludwig and Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen dating back to 1810
2. Beer drums are carried in by a beer wagon pulled by a horse and cart in traditional Bavrian dress
3. Only beer brewed in Munich is permitted to be served
4. Only Germans are permitted to work at the festival
5. There are 25 Bier tents at Oktoberfest
6. All of the profits made by Oktoberfest are re-invested into Munich
7. Munich has a population of approximately 1.5 Million people, but during Oktoberfest the city houses 6-7 million people!
8. Official statistics state that approximately 8 million litres of beer is consumed during Oktoberfest, however many believe this to be in accurate!
9. Only 12% of those who attend Oktoberfest are tourists, the majority are in fact German
10. It takes an estimated 10 weeks to set up the Oktoberfest