If I could offer you one piece of advice for your trip to Salzburg, it would be to purchase a Salzburg card. Offering free admission to tourist attractions and museums and free use of public transportation, the 72 hour Salzburg Card saved me over €100, and here’s how.
*This article may contain affiliate links, click here for more information.
During my long weekend in Salzburg, here are the attractions I visited and how much they would’ve cost without the Salzburg card.
- I took approximately ten OBUS journey during my weekend in Salzburg. Estimated to be around €2, the total cost for public transport over the weekend equals €20.
- Mozart’s Residence €11
- Mozart’s Birthplace €11
- City Cruise €15
- Monchberg lift €3.70 for ascent and decent
- Museum der Moderne €8
- Salzburg Museum €8.50
- Panorama Museum €4
- Dom Quartier €12
- Famous Graves and Catacombes of Petersfriedhof €2
- Hohensalzrburg Fortress including Cable Railway €12.20
- The Untersberg Cable Car €25
- Schloss Hellbrun €12.50
72 hour Salzburg card: €43
Total saving: €101.90